1 cup Bulgar wheat (i.e., dalia, the fat variety)
1 green chilies, slit
1 teaspoon mustard seeds
1 1/2 teaspoons cumin seeds
10 French beans, washed, ends trimmed and chopped
1 medium tomato, chopped
1 1/2 teaspoons salt (to taste)
2 tablespoons oil
4 sprigs of fresh curry leaves, washed and torn
1. Dry roast the dalia in a wok until lightly brownish in appearance and it smells aromatic.
2. Remove from flame and transfer to a plate.
3. Now heat oil in the same wok.
4. Once hot, add cumin and mustard seeds.
5. Allow spluttering.
6. Once they stop spluttering, add curry leaves, green chilli and onions.
7. Stir-fry until the mixture smells aromatic and the onions are lightly browned.
8. Add corianders leaves and mix well.
9. Fold in the veggies, salt and tomato. Mix again.
10. Stir in about 2 tbsps. of water to prevent the mixture from sticking to the bottom of the wok. 11. Cook on medium flame for 5 minutes.
12. Fold in the roasted dalia and mix thoroughly.
13. Add water and then transfer the whole mixture to a pressure cooker.
14. Cover and pressure cook for 2-3 whistles.
15. This takes about 5 minutes.
16. Switch off the gas, and then let the dalia cook in its own steam inside the cooker for 2-3 minutes.
17. After 3 minutes, remove from cooker, garnish with corianders leaves and serve hot.